Thursday 23 March 2017

Ideal Protein - Day 1 Introduction

I had my first initial meeting with my new Ideal Protein coach last night. She is incredibly easy to talk to and not once did I feel judged at all. We went over the protocol and what it is, how it works, and what I can expect from the work I put into it. I got my folder, my journal, and 4 boxes of IP foods, my vitamins, a shaker bottle, and I bought Janeva's Ideal Protein cookbook. Then I remortgaged my house to pay for it. I was feeling horrible about the money to which my dad replied, "It's not a waste of money - it's an investment in your future." Smart man, my dad.

I woke up feeling hungry. Not good, I thought. But I drank a cup of water, took my vitamins for the morning (a multi and a potassium), and mixed up the vanilla drink mix and water, then added cold coffee. Yum!!! Think of a vanilla iced coffee, but with skim milk and sweetener. I can get used to this!

Each day, I am supposed to have 8oz. of protein at dinner. I figured a chicken breast was 8oz. Nope. 4! So, I am splitting up my protein through the day. Today, I have chicken and vegetables for lunch and a salad with the IP sweet and spicy trail mix. I will save 1/2 of the trail mix to have with my salad at dinner since I'm splitting up my protein (at the advice of my coach). Tomorrow, I think I will have 2 hardboiled eggs with my salad and then have the chicken for dinner. This is way more protein than I'm used to having.

I'll report in later to record how I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment